Calling all Texans. Take action today and let your voices be heard. Call your Texas State Senator and ask them to support Medicaid funding for the treatment of Duchenne.
- The Texas Legislative Budget Board (LBB) is made up of a panel of state legislators who must approve all new Medicaid expenditures above $500,000 (aggregate) in state funding.
- This board must approve all new treatments and authorize funding before treatment will be reimbursed.
- The Texas Senate Medicaid budget hearings are on January 30th-31st.
- Because the Texas legislature only meets every 2 years it is important to have your voice heard now while they are still in session this year. So that would be a good time for families to reach out to the senators and tell their story
Call to Action:
- Contact your state senators (Link to find their respective legislators http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/Home.aspx)
- Tell your story about living with Duchenne
- Ask them to support and authorize funding for the first approved treatment for Duchenne
- Encourage other families to do the same
- Comments Off